I mother bought some instant coffee yesterday, mainly because she’s to lazy to start making a fresh pot of coffee in the evening. I must admit that normally I’m not a fan of instant coffee but this brand tasted ok. Funny thing is it was the cheapest she could find! This morning I got an idee in my head to use the instant coffee to make my bowl of oats. Success! I also drank a big cup of coffee with almond milk. This was a coffee themed breakfast for sure!
Instant Coffee Oats
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 1 ripe banana
- some stevia to taste
Heat everything on the stovetop.
For toppings I used some chocolate chips, nut mix and a spoonful of nonfat yogurt. Definately making these again.
I had to work on my own the whole morning because my trainer had to be somewhere and wasn’t going to be back until noon. I did great! For lunch I made a salad including all sorts of veggies and mini falafel burgers. They looked adorable! Wish I could have taken a picture…The afternoon consisted of checking the work I did in the morning to correct any mistakes. Some minor mistakes but all in all I did ok.
When I got home I did my steady state cardio of the week. 60min on the stationary bike..so boring! I hate steady state cardio…But it had to be done. Also I had some delicious home made cake with frosting at work. It’s not polite to say no so with minor guilt I ate the peace ;).
For Dinner I had scrambled eggs with Hummus and baby carrots on the side.
My second week on the job! I’m starting to get the hang of it. Today I worked on my own and the trainer verified afterwards. I did ok. For breakfast I had cocoa overnight oatmeal and a banana.
Yesterday before I went to bed I made some Tzatziki to take with me for lunch today. I love tzatziki! I have been to Greece countless times and got to know This creamy delight over there. Mine doesn’t quite taste the same as over there but it’s close;).
- 1 cucumber
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt (0%)
- 1 clove garlic
- juice of half a lemon and half a lime
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper
Grate the cucumber and squeeze out all the water, then add the other ingredients and combine.
I ate this with a whole wheat bagel for lunch and an apple on the side. It tasted great! Only downside was the garlic…I think my breath smelled a little :). No one said anything but I could smell my own breath…
Yesterday was a day off from working out so today had to be a good one! I jumped on the stationary bike as soon as I got home for 20min of HIIT. After that I lifted some weights.
- 15 Squats
- 15 Lunges (each leg)
- 15 Plié squats
- 15 Bicep Curls
- 15 Tricep Kickbacks
- 15 Push ups
I ended my workout with 10min of rope skipping.
For dinner I made Salmon en Papillote.
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 4-oz boneless salmon fillets
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- Half a diced zucchini
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp crumbled low-fat feta cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Cut a 14-inch square of foil and mist top of with cooking spray. Place piece of salmon on foil. (NOTE: If using skin-on fillets, arrange skin side down.) Season salmon with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, combine garlic, tomatoes, zucchini, onion and lemon juice. Spoon mixture over salmon. Bring all sides together over top of salmon and fold over to form a sealed packet.
- Transfer packet to a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes before opening. Carefully open packet. To serve, sprinkle with feta and basil.
Yesterday was great! We went to De Zogeraa, my favorite restaurant. We stayed until closing time and were the last ones to leave the place :p. As always the food and ambiance were fantastic.
I had a shrimp salad. I adore shrimps and at De Zogeraa they make the best shrimp salad!
Jonas had ribs and green pepper sauce. He recieved two strings of ribs! He was able to eat everything but it was a huge challange.
This morning I woke up a little hungover…Luckily I made appel fritter pancakes yesterday so breakfast was ready in no time.
We spent the rest of the day being lazy and watching some football. Lazy sunday! For lunch and dinner I made a greek salad wich I ate with some whole wheat bread.
- 2 cucumbers, seeded and chopped
- 3 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh dill
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- salt and pepper
In a good sized bowl, toss all of the ingredients together. Season with salt and pepper. If you have time, cover and store in the refrigerator for a few hours to let the flavors blend.
Enjothe rest of you evening guys!
We woke up today and again it was snowing…I’ve had it with these freezing temperatures and snow! Every morning walking to the bus stop and waiting for the bus while my toes and fingers freeze to the point of almost falling of. The weather man promised us that next week temperatures are going up and the snow will start to melt. Thank god! I wanted to go for a run but that’s not going to happen. Instead we went for some apartment stuff shopping. Cutlery, cups, mugs… the works.
For breakfast I made some Creamy Chocolate Chip Oats.
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 Tbsp chocolate chips
Mix oats and water and cook in the microwave for 2min. Poor in almond milk to create creamyness and stir in chocolate chips.
When we got home I had lunch. Something light as tonight where going out for dinner. At De Zogeraa the portions are enormous! I had to make sure to leave enough room;). I just ate some rice cakes with some laughing cow cheese and figs.
I also made tomorrow’s breakfast already! Time management;). Apple Ring Pancakes, they look and smell amazing! I had to refrain myself from devouring them all at once. look at these babies!
Apple Ring Pancakes
- 1/3 cup Whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp Old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp Baking powder
- Dash of salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 packet vanilla stevia
- 1/3 cup Almond milk
- 1 medium/large Apple
- Coconut oil for baking
Heat a flat pan over medium-low heat.
- Mix together the flour, oats, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Peel the apple (if you want).
- Core and thinly slice the apple. Thinner slices will result in a softer apple pancake, whereas, thicker slices will stay more crunchy. ( I ended up with about 7 rings, which I found to be a bit thick in the end).
- Add the vanilla, stevia, and milk to the dry pancake mix. Stir until combined, but do not over mix.
- Dip one apple slice in the pancake batter at a time and place on the pan.
- Cook like a normal pancake and enjoy!
I’m going to get ready for my workout. Probably a circuit and a plank workout. After that it’s almost restaurant time!
Enjoy the rest of your Saturday people!
Last day of the week! So much to process this last week. I think I need a weekend to get everything organized inside my brain…After work I’m going to take a relaxing bath and just soak a little. I had another great night sleep! This last week has been the best week of sleep in months! Tomorrow we’re also going to one of my favorite restaurants for my father-in-law’s birthday! The Zogeraa it’s called. Real good food! Looking forward to it. Hope I don’t forget to take some pictures.
Breakfast was one of my old time favorites.
Blueberry Overnight Oats!
The morning was pretty calm as my trainer had a meeting. I had to do 1 file start-up and answer the phone. I looked for some more potential apartments because 2 of the apartments we wanted to visit were already taken :(. I found some new ones, hope we get there in time! For lunch I had another veggieburger with some spinach mashed potatoes my mom made yesterday. I’m sure gonna miss my mother when I move out. She always made the dinner I requested so I could eat after my workout and shower without having to cook first…
Today I came home craving pancakes so I decided to make them for dinner :). I was also craving chocolate so I made Brownie Batter Pancakes. The best!
Brownie Batter Pancakes
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 packets nunaturals stevia or 1 tbsp + 1 tsp sugar (you can use less if you’re planning to top with syrup and don’t want the actual pancakes to taste sweet)
- pinch of salt (optional)
- 1 1/2 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 5 1/2 tbsp almond milk
Mix dry ingredients very well, then add wet. Make pancakes! There are only 130 calories in this entire recipe. To make them more substantial, feel free to make a bigger serving and/or go crazy with the toppings!! Who knew such decadence could be healthy?!
Breakfast for dinner is the best invention ever!
Enjoy your Friday night people!
Last night I made some Pumpkin Overnight Oats. I must admit that yesterday my stomach started growling rather soon after my breakfast pancakes. Today I timed it with oatmeal. I stayed full a little longer but not all that much. Also at work they have lunch at 13 pm…a bit late for me. I usually get out of bed at 6.30 am and have breakfast wich is pretty early. Today I also packed a smoothie. Some blueberries, 1/2 banana and some almond milk and water. A snack that kept my stomach from growling to early!
Pumpkin Overnight Oats
- 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp pumpkin butter
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- pinch cinnamon
- pinch pumpkin pie spice
- some stevia to taste
- 1/4 sliced banana (freeze the rest for smoothies)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- pinch cinnamon
- pinch pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tbsp raw hulled pepitas (or any nut)
- some unsweetened coconut
- Combine the oats and 1/2 cup of the milk. Stir in the pumpkin butter, chia seeds and spices. Add banana and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning microwave for a few seconds to get the chill out.
- Stir in the remaining milk, sprinkle with a little cinnamon and pumpkin spice and top with pepitas and coconut.
Every Thursday is kebab day at work. I didn’t have one. I didn’t have the money and well, I just don’t really like kebab. Instead I had a nutritious meal ;). Veggie burger and steamed broccoli. My female colleagues where also eating a lot of chips and chocolate throughout the day…1 is pregnant so she has an excuse:). If I would be eating like that all day I’d become enormous! Some people just have all the luck…Today I learned some new things. My head is getting a bit full with all the things I have to do at the same time and remember. I hope that I’ll get the hang of it by February 14th when my training is over. Yesterday after my workout I felt really energized so I did one today too. I did a 45min interval on the stationary bike. Boost!
For dinner I had cauliflower and a falafel burger.
So good! Looks like today was veggieburger day. I roasted the cauliflower with curry, ginger and some garlic. Best cauliflower ever! Tomorrow Friday! I think I’m getting to know the feeling of longing for the weekend…
Talk to you guys later!
Last night before I went to bed I took the time to make myself some pancakes for today’s breakfast. Was I glad this morning! A nice change from porridge or oats. I even dreamt about them I think :p. I also had a great night sleep. I hope every night will be as great from now on! Breakfast tasted awesome but my breakfast partner wasn’t all happy joy joy this morning. My brother is in his finals and had slept only 2 hours…not because he had to study, but because he had to much coffee during the day/ evening and just couldn’t sleep…one word, dumbass!
Whole Wheat Pancakes
- 1/4 C Whole wheat flour
- 1/4 C almond milk
- 2 egg whites
- pinch sea salt
- pinch Stevia
- coconut oil for cooking
- Heat pan on low/medium heat
- In the blender, add the milk, egg whites , flour, Stevia and sea salt and blend on high for 10 seconds.
- Cook pancakes 1-2 minutes until edges are dry, and gently flip. Cook for 1 minute on the other side.
- Makes 2 fatter pancakes or 3 thin crepes.
I ate mine with blueberries and greek yogurt.
For lunch I took some whole wheat pasta my mom cooked yesterday and added some tomato sauce with ground turkey. No picture though 🙂 not really comfortable yet with taking pictures of my lunch when there is people eating around me :p, Don’t think I’ll ever be. Tasted ok but not really a big a fan of ground turkey.
The Dutchman (Pieter) brought Dutch milk! I must admit he was right…better than Belgian milk. Then again we have way better beer! And better waffles and better chocolate. Belgium 3 the Netherlands 1 ;).
When I got home I was dead-beat again…but I did my workout! 40min on the stationary bike and some basic lifting (Squats, Plié’s, Bicep Curls, Tricep Kickbacks,…). So proud I did it! For dinner I didn’t make a big effort…I tossed together some veggies and canned mackerel. A pretty simple dinner but it tasted wonderful!
I felt better about my second day and I was way more productive today!