Ok so yesterday Jonas and I went to see our first apartment. It was HUGE! 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 3 toilets, a livingroom the size of a football field, a fully equipped kitchen and a little cozy terrace. There just isn’t a bigger and more beautiful place out there…seriously I checked :). The good news is we can sign the contract Saturday! One month and the dream Apartment/house is ours! So happy. We wanted something big enough to keep our own space. To me having some time to oneself is important. The idea is to stay together for life so giving each other enough space is a must. And if there is something that this place has got enough of it’s space. More good news, I got up at 5 today for a workout! I must admit it was hard to jump out of my cozy and warm bed into my sports gear…but once I got started I felt great. I read some tips on how to make a morning workout easier :p. So I prepared everything, layed out my clothes, water, just had to get out of bed and ready to go. Also didn’t hit the snooze button! Must say I had energy for two afterwards. For breakfast I had yesterday’s fruity oatmeal bowl again. I think these are my favorites now.
For lunch I had a simple turkey sandwish a kiwi and a carrot. Everyone else had kebabs and chocolate bars for lunch…I will not cave! :p I had my dose of chocolate after dinner, had some oatmeal with dark chocolate chips.
For dinner I made salmon with grilled veggies and some fruit and feta sprinkels. DELECIOUS! I love combining salty savoury and sweet.
My second week on the job! I’m starting to get the hang of it. Today I worked on my own and the trainer verified afterwards. I did ok. For breakfast I had cocoa overnight oatmeal and a banana.
Yesterday before I went to bed I made some Tzatziki to take with me for lunch today. I love tzatziki! I have been to Greece countless times and got to know This creamy delight over there. Mine doesn’t quite taste the same as over there but it’s close;).
- 1 cucumber
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt (0%)
- 1 clove garlic
- juice of half a lemon and half a lime
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper
Grate the cucumber and squeeze out all the water, then add the other ingredients and combine.
I ate this with a whole wheat bagel for lunch and an apple on the side. It tasted great! Only downside was the garlic…I think my breath smelled a little :). No one said anything but I could smell my own breath…
Yesterday was a day off from working out so today had to be a good one! I jumped on the stationary bike as soon as I got home for 20min of HIIT. After that I lifted some weights.
- 15 Squats
- 15 Lunges (each leg)
- 15 Plié squats
- 15 Bicep Curls
- 15 Tricep Kickbacks
- 15 Push ups
I ended my workout with 10min of rope skipping.
For dinner I made Salmon en Papillote.
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 4-oz boneless salmon fillets
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- Half a diced zucchini
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp crumbled low-fat feta cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Cut a 14-inch square of foil and mist top of with cooking spray. Place piece of salmon on foil. (NOTE: If using skin-on fillets, arrange skin side down.) Season salmon with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, combine garlic, tomatoes, zucchini, onion and lemon juice. Spoon mixture over salmon. Bring all sides together over top of salmon and fold over to form a sealed packet.
- Transfer packet to a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes before opening. Carefully open packet. To serve, sprinkle with feta and basil.
Hellow guys! Christmas dinner was fantastic! to much food and wine though 😉 so I woke up with a little Christmas hangover. I slept through breakfast so when i woke up my mother-in-law had already set up another feast. A seafood feast this time! Luckily I wasn’t too hungover ;). Rock lobster!
After lunch I tested one of my Christmas presents, the Moulinex Masterchef 8000. The best food processor ever! It chops, grates, juices, makes smoothies, makes dough, just about everything realy. I made some almond butter.
Yesterday’s party was so much fun! here are some pictures I selected.
My two wonderful brothers. It was realy hot inside so the red faces arn’t from the wine…yet ;).
The guys talking football.
My beautiful mom!
After dinner we played some Rumicub! Someone was cheating by the looks of it 😀 33456
It was a great night! Dinner will be the rest of the seafood feast. Have a great evening everyone!
This weekend I recieved an early Christmas present from Jonas! Time to get pumpin!
Today’s workout started out with 40min of light cardio on the stationary bike. Followed by this Lower Body Workout:
For dinner I made Cashew Crusted Salmon, one of my favorites!
- 1 piece of salmon
- 2 Tbsp raw cashew nuts
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 Tbsp basil leaves
- Preheat oven at 450F (230°C)
- Blend cashews, parmesan, olive oil and basil in a food processor
- Top a cookie sheet with foil and place salmon on top of the foil
- Top salmon with cashew crumbs and place another sheet of foil over the salmon, sealing the fish within the foil.
- Bake for 12 minutes before removing foil and baking for another 3 – 5 minutes, until topping is slightly brown and fish is fully cooked.
Before I left for Jonas’s place I made myself dinner. I needed something quick and didn’t have much time to come up with something. I had some salmon in my fridge and remembered a recipe I saw on Julie’s blog. A combination of oatmeal and salmon! I just had to try it! –> Savory Salmon Oatmeal Hash. It was just wonderful! My brother looked at me and said “oatmeal for dinner?”. When I was done I let him have a taste and he was surprised that it tasted so good :). I knew it would!
- 8 ounces cooked salmon
- 1/4 cup uncooked steel cut oats
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 large zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped cauliflower florets
- Dried dill, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Spray large saucepan with cooking spray and cook onion and oats for approximately two minutes on medium heat, stirring repeatedly.
- Pour boiling water into the oat and onion mix, add zucchini and cauliflower, and simmer for approximately 15 minutes, until mixture has thickened a bit and the oats are chewy and no longer hard.
- Remove oats from heat and let stand for about two minutes to thicken.
- Stir in salmon, dill and salt and divide into two servings.
Definitely try this recipe!
Right now I’m waiting for Jonas to finish his dinner:
Friday is his fastfood day…
After dinner it’s time for The Smartest Person in the World 🙂 A quiz where Belgian celebrities compete against each other to win the title of smartest person for one day.
Talk to ya’ll tomorrow!