I woke u this morning without a breakfast plan! normally I have everything worked out in my mind or at least some overnight oats in the fridge…This morning I had to improvise. Must say it was rather early to start thinking :). I came up with this:
Fruity Mix Oats
- 1/2 cup Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup almond millk
- 1/2 apple cubed
- 1/2 sliced banana
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 6 almonds
- Cinnamon powder and Stevia to taste
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Mix everything together and microwave for 3min
- let sit for a few minutes before you devour them!
Lots of colours and tasted great! The softness and thinkness of the oats and banana combined with the crunch of the apple and nuts where a perfect combo!
Tonight we are visiting our first apartment! So excited! It’s a really big one. Jonas doesn’t like the floor and framework though…But it’s a huge place with 3 bedrooms and 2 floors and not even one of our more expensive choices. I would like at least 2 bedrooms. This one has 3, one to turn into a fitness area, one chill out/guest room and our bedroom. High demands for a childless couple looking to find there first apartment :p. As long as it stays affordable why not.
I had to work solo again this morning. Not that I mind. I like the freedom and not to be watched constantly. Of course my work took a bit longer having to work everything out on my own. I was glad lunchtime had arrived! The Dutch freelancer was back at the office today and he kind of makes lunch a bit more vibrant, I guess thats what Dutch people tend to do. I enjoyed my Fruity Tuna Salad with a whole wheat bagel.
When I got home I couldn’t workout because of the apartment visit so I made a quick dinner first. Veggie burger and mixed salad…nothing special. Tomorrow morning I’m going to get up at 5 for a workout. I know…I’ve already made myself the promise to become a morning workout person but tomorrow I’m really going to try. If it works out (see what I did there;)) and I get to work in time and stay productive I will probably try to do it for real. I need more time after work to commit to making real dinners and spend more time with the loved ones :).
Here’s my lame and simpel dinner…
Off to see the apartment! Alla prossima volta ragazzi!
Yesterday was great! We went to De Zogeraa, my favorite restaurant. We stayed until closing time and were the last ones to leave the place :p. As always the food and ambiance were fantastic.
I had a shrimp salad. I adore shrimps and at De Zogeraa they make the best shrimp salad!
Jonas had ribs and green pepper sauce. He recieved two strings of ribs! He was able to eat everything but it was a huge challange.
This morning I woke up a little hungover…Luckily I made appel fritter pancakes yesterday so breakfast was ready in no time.
We spent the rest of the day being lazy and watching some football. Lazy sunday! For lunch and dinner I made a greek salad wich I ate with some whole wheat bread.
- 2 cucumbers, seeded and chopped
- 3 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh dill
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- salt and pepper
In a good sized bowl, toss all of the ingredients together. Season with salt and pepper. If you have time, cover and store in the refrigerator for a few hours to let the flavors blend.
Enjothe rest of you evening guys!
Last night before I went to bed I took the time to make myself some pancakes for today’s breakfast. Was I glad this morning! A nice change from porridge or oats. I even dreamt about them I think :p. I also had a great night sleep. I hope every night will be as great from now on! Breakfast tasted awesome but my breakfast partner wasn’t all happy joy joy this morning. My brother is in his finals and had slept only 2 hours…not because he had to study, but because he had to much coffee during the day/ evening and just couldn’t sleep…one word, dumbass!
Whole Wheat Pancakes
- 1/4 C Whole wheat flour
- 1/4 C almond milk
- 2 egg whites
- pinch sea salt
- pinch Stevia
- coconut oil for cooking
- Heat pan on low/medium heat
- In the blender, add the milk, egg whites , flour, Stevia and sea salt and blend on high for 10 seconds.
- Cook pancakes 1-2 minutes until edges are dry, and gently flip. Cook for 1 minute on the other side.
- Makes 2 fatter pancakes or 3 thin crepes.
I ate mine with blueberries and greek yogurt.
For lunch I took some whole wheat pasta my mom cooked yesterday and added some tomato sauce with ground turkey. No picture though 🙂 not really comfortable yet with taking pictures of my lunch when there is people eating around me :p, Don’t think I’ll ever be. Tasted ok but not really a big a fan of ground turkey.
The Dutchman (Pieter) brought Dutch milk! I must admit he was right…better than Belgian milk. Then again we have way better beer! And better waffles and better chocolate. Belgium 3 the Netherlands 1 ;).
When I got home I was dead-beat again…but I did my workout! 40min on the stationary bike and some basic lifting (Squats, Plié’s, Bicep Curls, Tricep Kickbacks,…). So proud I did it! For dinner I didn’t make a big effort…I tossed together some veggies and canned mackerel. A pretty simple dinner but it tasted wonderful!
I felt better about my second day and I was way more productive today!
This morning I woke up in a smoothie mood. I put on some nice wake up music and got started. This is a good song to wake up to! I felt the warmth of hot Cuba even though everything was covered in snow outside.
I blended together some frozen blueberries, half a frozen banana, a cup of non fat Greek yogurt, a scoop of vanilla proteine powder and a spalsh of almond milk. Yum!
I decided to do my workout before lunch today. I had to go to the company I’m applying at to ‘work’ for a couple of hours in the afternoon. My workout was a mixture of circuit and lifting.
Circuit Lifting Combo
- 1min Jumping jacks
- 1min Burpees
- 1min Jump rope
- 1min High knees
- 1min Shadow boxing
- 1min Sprint in place
- 1min Burpees
- 1min Jumping jacks
- 1min Over the river hops
- 1min Scissor jumps
- 1min High knees
- 1min Mummy kicks
- 1min But kickers
- 1min jog in place
- 15 bicep curls
- 15 Lateral Raise
- 15 Tricep Kick Backs
- 15 Squats
- 15 Plié Squats
- 15 Stationary Lunges
Use weights that are heavy enough, after 15 reps you should’nt be able to do another rep.
Repeat the circuit 2 or 3 times and the lifting 3 rounds. You can also split cardio en lifting. Cardio in the morning and strength in the afternoon or evening. I wanted to be able to chill out in the eveing ;).
For lunch I made a Fruity Tuna Salad! It was the best tuna salad I had ever made!
Fruity Tuna Salad
- 1/2 Can tuna (in water)
- 1 Tbsp Light dressing
- 1 Tbsp 0% fat Greek yogurt
- 10 Grapes sliced
- 1 Tbsp Chopped almonds
- 1/2 Tbsp Stevia
- 1/2 Celery stick chopped
- 1 Tbsp Chopped green onion
I think you know what to do here 😉
Seved on toasted whole wheat bread.
After lunch I went to the company I was applying and I spent the afternoon learning about the job. After a couple of hours they told me that the job was mine! I was so happy! I’m now an Audit Administrator at a company called Management Information. I got to know some more colleagues and they were all super nice and funny. They even invited me to the New Year’s drink tomorrow.
When I got home I wasn’t in the mood to make a fancy dinner. I just ate a hummus and goat cheese sandwich and an apple.
My mom bought something new I’m going to try as a snack tonight in front of the telly. It’s called Brinta and looks a bit like Oatmeal.
With some dark chocolate chips of course! I think I’m struggling with a little chocolate chip addiction lately…
Enjoy the rest of your evening guys!
I had to get out of bed at half past 6 this morning to go to Zaventem and do some more interim testing. The test results were good, not easy doing language, admin and organization skills tests so early in the morning ;). The lady interviewing me seemed nice but at the end of the conversation she shocked me a little. She told me I had to dress fancier and that I had to have my nails done if i wanted to find a job! In her own words: “You don’t have to wear a Channel, I mean you can maintain your own style. But still”. She probably meant well and I guess I have some shopping to do ;).
I didn’t have much time for breakfast this morning so last night I prepared some overnight oats.
When I got home from Zaventem I was starving! I made myself a hummus/feta/veggie stuffed pita.
For dinner I’m ordering shrimp stuffed tomato at the local diner. I won’t be making this one myself. A little lazyness on a Friday night isn’t a crime right? 😉 Tonight we’re also going out for a drink at the local pub called Mong Blok, nice way to start this festive weekend! So looking forward to the family Christmas dinner on Monday.
Enjoy this festive weekend you guys!
Coconuts are my favorite kind of fruit! The taste and smell of paradise. To cook I use coconut oil, to wash myself I use Ushuaia Coconut and this morning was the first time I have used coconut flour. I made myself coconut flour pancakes! One word, FLUFFY! These were the fluffiest pancakes ever :).
Coconut Flour Pancakes
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup almond milk (raw cow’s or coconut also work)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon honey or a pinch of stevia
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- coconut oil for frying
- Preheat griddle over medium-low heat. In a small bowl beat eggs until frothy, about two minutes. Mix in milk, vanilla, and honey or stevia.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine coconut flour, baking soda, and sea salt and whisk together. Stir wet mixture into dry until coconut flour is incorporated.
- Grease pan with coconut oil. Ladle a few tablespoons of batter into pan for each pancake. Spread out slightly with the back of a spoon. The pancakes should be 2-3 inches in diameter and fairly thick. Cook for a few minutes on each side, until the tops dry out slightly and the bottoms start to brown. Flip and cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
To top them I mixed together I Tbsp of Peanut butter, 1 tsp of strawberry jam and 1 Tbsp of Greek yogurt. Yum!
For lunch I had the rest of the Autumn Salad from yesterday with some whole wheat toast.
Today I tested a new cake. Zucchini Chocolate Cake. I wasn’t a big fan of the result! not sweet enough for my sweet tooth. Strangely enough my brothers liked it :). Still, tomorrow I’m testing another one. Something with nuts!
Zucchini Chocolate Cake
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tbsp apple sauce
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup / 150 g whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup / 45 g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 2 cups (about 300-320 g) shredded zucchini
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C).
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, vanilla extract, honey, salt, and the applesauce.
- Sieve the flour and the cocoa powder into another bowl. Add the baking soda, the cinnamon, and the cardamom. Mix well.
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry flour mixture and combine until the dry ingredients are well mixed in.
- Add the grated zucchini. Mix once more.
- Pour the batter into a 9” (23 cm) diameter, round, greased cake pan or something with similar dimensions.
- Bake at 325°F (160°C) for 30 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out somewhat clean.
Before dinner I did an Insanity workout. Shaun T got me sweatin’ alright ;). Like he always says,”This sh*t is bananas y’all!”.
Dinner was an absolute WINNER! My yougner brother couldn’t move and had to lay flat on the couch ;).
Chicken Parmesan Meatballs
- 1 1/4 (600g) pounds ground chicken
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup Parmesan
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 egg, whisked
- zest of half a lemon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 14-ounce can storebought pizza sauce (such as Don Pepino’s)
- about 4 ounces fresh mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 400°F, setting rack to upper third part of oven. In a large bowl, using your hands, gently mix together first 11 ingredients. Shape into medium size balls (that would be somewhere between golf and tennis) and place a few inches from each other on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix one spoonful of your pizza sauce with olive oil. Brush this mixture on top of each meatball.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove meatballs from oven, spoon some sauce on top of each meatball, and cover each with a slice of cheese. Broil another 3 to 5 minutes until cheese is bubbly and golden.
- Heat remaining sauce in a small saucepan.
You can serve these with sweet potatoe or mashed potatoes.
Enjoy your evening guys!