Got up at 5 again for a workout today! 2 days in a row 🙂 I think I’m getting the hang of it. 40min of intervals on the stationary bike and some lifting (basic squats, curls,…). I’m kind of looking forward to moving in to our new place cause there is a huge fitness center 2min away. I’m tired of always sitting on the stationary bike to get some cardio in…a change of machinary would be nice! This morning I wanted a nice filling pancake instead of oats so I looked what I had on hand. The pancake turned out AMAZING! This is by far the best pancake I have ever made :).
Coconut Flour Apple Cnnamon Pancake
- 1 egg + 2 egg whites
- 1/2 apple thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut flour, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- A splash of almond milk
- In small bowl mix eggs with spalsh of almond milk and stevia. Add coconut flour (sifted in) and baking powder. Mix until smooth.
- Slice your apple into very thin pieces. Set aside.
- Spray some cooking spray on frying pan on high heat. Sir in cinnamon. Lay down the sliced apples in the pan and let cook for about 25-30 seconds. Pour in pancake batter and smooth over. Cover then turn down heat to LOW. Let cook for 3 minutes.
- Take off lid and flip the pancake. Put cover back on and cook for 1 minute longer. Slide out of pan and top with Greek yogurt.
This was pancake heaven!
Ok so I need to lose 4 pounds. Not that much but it seems impossible…I work out and eat pretty clean (minus the alcohol once in a while). I have never been a calorie counter! I once started doing it and felt like I was dealing with and thinking about food and amounts of food all day long…Now some one told me that if you want to lose those last 4 pounds you have to count…The what goes in must go out (through working out ofc ;)) rule is essential. So I think I will have to start counting again :(.
I was able to work on my own today as my trainer wasn’t working today. I loved doing everything myself. A lot of people where at the office today so the atmosphere was great. Fot lunch I had chicken with a bellpepper and tomato sauce and whole wheat rice. My mom made this last night and couldn’t stop bragging about it, so I took some with me to work. It was good indeed! Thumbs up mom!
Another pleasant surprise today was that the boss invited us to go eat some waffles! The sales team had landed a big contract and he felt it was a reason to celebrate. Fine by me! Some of the female colleagues were complaning about gaining weight. I started telling them I make lots of healthy versions of all the decadent treats they’re having every day. Result, now I have to make treats for the offive! guess I know what to do this weekend.
Waffles as a decadent snack meant a not so decadent dinner…Turkey sandwich it was. Time to ring in the weekend! Have a great one people!