My second week on the job! I’m starting to get the hang of it. Today I worked on my own and the trainer verified afterwards. I did ok. For breakfast I had cocoa overnight oatmeal and a banana.
Yesterday before I went to bed I made some Tzatziki to take with me for lunch today. I love tzatziki! I have been to Greece countless times and got to know This creamy delight over there. Mine doesn’t quite taste the same as over there but it’s close;).
- 1 cucumber
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt (0%)
- 1 clove garlic
- juice of half a lemon and half a lime
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper
Grate the cucumber and squeeze out all the water, then add the other ingredients and combine.
I ate this with a whole wheat bagel for lunch and an apple on the side. It tasted great! Only downside was the garlic…I think my breath smelled a little :). No one said anything but I could smell my own breath…
Yesterday was a day off from working out so today had to be a good one! I jumped on the stationary bike as soon as I got home for 20min of HIIT. After that I lifted some weights.
- 15 Squats
- 15 Lunges (each leg)
- 15 Plié squats
- 15 Bicep Curls
- 15 Tricep Kickbacks
- 15 Push ups
I ended my workout with 10min of rope skipping.
For dinner I made Salmon en Papillote.
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 4-oz boneless salmon fillets
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- Half a diced zucchini
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp crumbled low-fat feta cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Cut a 14-inch square of foil and mist top of with cooking spray. Place piece of salmon on foil. (NOTE: If using skin-on fillets, arrange skin side down.) Season salmon with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, combine garlic, tomatoes, zucchini, onion and lemon juice. Spoon mixture over salmon. Bring all sides together over top of salmon and fold over to form a sealed packet.
- Transfer packet to a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes before opening. Carefully open packet. To serve, sprinkle with feta and basil.