We woke up today and again it was snowing…I’ve had it with these freezing temperatures and snow! Every morning walking to the bus stop and waiting for the bus while my toes and fingers freeze to the point of almost falling of. The weather man promised us that next week temperatures are going up and the snow will start to melt. Thank god! I wanted to go for a run but that’s not going to happen. Instead we went for some apartment stuff shopping. Cutlery, cups, mugs… the works.
For breakfast I made some Creamy Chocolate Chip Oats.
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 Tbsp chocolate chips
Mix oats and water and cook in the microwave for 2min. Poor in almond milk to create creamyness and stir in chocolate chips.
When we got home I had lunch. Something light as tonight where going out for dinner. At De Zogeraa the portions are enormous! I had to make sure to leave enough room;). I just ate some rice cakes with some laughing cow cheese and figs.
I also made tomorrow’s breakfast already! Time management;). Apple Ring Pancakes, they look and smell amazing! I had to refrain myself from devouring them all at once. look at these babies!
Apple Ring Pancakes
- 1/3 cup Whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp Old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp Baking powder
- Dash of salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 packet vanilla stevia
- 1/3 cup Almond milk
- 1 medium/large Apple
- Coconut oil for baking
Heat a flat pan over medium-low heat.
- Mix together the flour, oats, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Peel the apple (if you want).
- Core and thinly slice the apple. Thinner slices will result in a softer apple pancake, whereas, thicker slices will stay more crunchy. ( I ended up with about 7 rings, which I found to be a bit thick in the end).
- Add the vanilla, stevia, and milk to the dry pancake mix. Stir until combined, but do not over mix.
- Dip one apple slice in the pancake batter at a time and place on the pan.
- Cook like a normal pancake and enjoy!
I’m going to get ready for my workout. Probably a circuit and a plank workout. After that it’s almost restaurant time!
Enjoy the rest of your Saturday people!