Today we went Christmas shopping. Underneath the Christmas tree lies a BIG present with Jonas and my name on it! We also had to buy some good wine for Christmass Eve. We asked the wine specialist for advice and he let us taste this very good red one. I love red wine!
When we got home I decided to try another cake that I can make for our Christmas dessert. Coconut Flour Chocolate Cake.
- 1/4 cup (30 g / 1 oz) cocoa or cacao powder
- 1/4 cup (35 g / 1 1/4 oz) coconut flour (see notes )
- 1 teaspoon (5 g) gluten free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup ( 3 tablespoons) honey or organic maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1/4 cup (60 ml / 2 oz) macadamia nut oil or melted coconut oil or butter
- Preheat oven to 160 C.
- Combine the cocoa, coconut flour, baking powder, cinnamon and sea salt.
- Add the eggs, honey, vanilla and oil.
- Mix well until smooth and combined.
- Spoon into a small 15 – 20 cm baking tin lined with baking paper – the smaller the tin the higher the cake… or alternatively spoon into 8 lined cup cake tins.
- Bake the cake for 40 minutes or until cooked through. Bake smaller cupcakes for about 20 – 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
It’s stil in the over at the moment! I hope this one is going to be the one!
For breakfast I had Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats.
- 1 apple
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup oats
- 2 tablespoons Stevia
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
Combine all the ingredients. Cover and put in the fridge overnight.
For lunch I had a turky and cheese sandwish.
I bought myself some sushi at the grocery store for dinner but they didn’t taste very good so I didn’t eat them all…I ate some nut bread with PB&J instead ;).
Time to get the chocolate cake out of the oven!!
Enjoy your evening everyone!