Ok so my day consisted of more job searching. I’ve been searching for months now and stil nothing…Being at home is starting to drive me crazy! Tomorrow I have another job interview. Please Santa, all I want for Christmas is a job! To keep myself from going crazy I decorated the Chrismas tree! Sushi was going crazy again sniffing the tree and playing with the baubles :). I also went to Bio Planet for some ingredients to bake a gingerbread pie.
For breakfast I had pancakes topped with an almond butter and Greek yogurt mixture. Not bad!
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 1/4 cup rolled oats* or oat flour ( DIY:grind rolled oats in your blender)
- 1 tablespoon almond milk, unsweetened
- Stevia powder
- dash of salt
In a blender or whisk by hand in a bowl the egg whites, oats, almond milk, stevia and salt. Spray a small saute pan with nonstick cooking spray. Heat on medium high heat and pour half of batter into pan. Cook for about 2-3 minutes until edges are set and somewhat set near center. Flip over carefully and cook another 2 minutes. Do the same for the other half.
I mixed 2 Tbsp of Greek yogurt with 1 Tbsp of almond butter and some stevia to top the pancakes.
We are all celebrating Chistmas at Jonas’ place. I want to bake a healthy pie for our Christmas dessert. I tested the first option today.
It wasn’t bad but I didn’t have a YUMMY! feeling. Next time that I’m making this one I’ll have to add some more spices. Tomorrow I’m trying another pie ;).
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 3 cups oatmeal
Combine above ingredients, mixing well. Pour into greased pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
If you are going to try this one I would add some more cinnamon and ginger and maybe add some nutmeg, allspice, cloves and cardamom. experiment away!
For lunch I had my Crunchy Autumn Salad. My favorite salad!
For dinner I made Cauliflower Fritters.
- Half a large head cauliflower
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/4 cup raw, unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- pinch cayenne pepper
- Cut cauliflower into little florets and add to the bowl of your food processor. Process on pulse until cauliflower has texture of large grains of cracked wheat. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Heat a splash of olive oil in a frying pan and carefully drop about 1/4 of a cup of mixture for each fritter.
- Cook three or four fritters at a time for 2 – 3 minutes on each side, until golden brown, then keep warm while you cook the remaining fritters.
- Serve warm (I like them cold also) with a few fresh vegetables or a nice green salad.
This makes 8 fritters and serves 2.