I took a 4 day break from working out! Never done that before…but it had to be done. Last week I started feeling sluggish and it felt as if I had no energy left in my body. This weekend apart from going to the christmas market I did nothing, only hanging around in the couch and catching up on sleep. I read about overtraining and burnout from too much exercise and it looked like I was heading that way. I had hit a plateau, was never in the mood for exercising, always tired so I took a little break to re-energize. Today I went for a 5 mile run and I must say I didn’t feel as accomplished as I normally feel. I had te stop running 3 times! Maybe 4 days wasn’t enough…
For breakfast I had Cookie Dough Overnight Oatmeal but without the black chocolate because there wasn’t any :(.
After breakfast I watched the season finale of Dexter! What a thriller that was :). Damn you cliffhangers! For lunch I had a turkey and cheese whole wheat sandwish.
I also discovered something delish this weekend. My mother-in-law bought something that looked strange but tasted fantastic! It was called figbread and is made of only figs and almonds pressed together. Normally you eat it with cheese or foie gras. I just had a piece as a snack. I found some recipes online for figbread that I’m going to try soon.
For dinner I made Zucchini, Chickpea and Whole Wheat Rice Skillet.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 quartered lengthwise, sliced zucchini
- 1 diced green bell pepper
- 1 can (15 oz each) chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) diced tomatoes with garlic, undrained
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup instant whole wheat rice
- some shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini and bell pepper; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add chickpeas, undrained tomatoes and water. Increase heat and bring to a boil.
- Add rice; stir well. Cover; remove from heat and let stand 10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Sprinkle with cheese.