Hey guys! I’m not feeling ok today :(. Cramps, throwing up…still I found the straight to blog! So yesterday my brother and I went to see The Hobbit and it was fantastic! The characters, the scenery, the magical feeling of Middle-earth. Cant’ wait for the next one! The highlight of the evening was our drive back home though. We were 5 and had to fit into a little car with 4 seats. We all cuddled up together and drove home with a strange yet funny tune on the background :D. Thanks again to Adrien’s mother for being so kind to break the law ;). The highlight of today was a call for another job interview tomorrow. It’s for a company that makes bread, patisserie and yes CHOCOLATE! My kind of company. Part of the job interview is going to be conducted in French, so I’ll have to freshen that up a little tomorrow morning. Pas de probleme ;). I hope I feel better tomorrow…talk about bad timing.
For breakfast I had:
Carrot Cake Oatmeal
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 large carrot, finely grated
- 1/2 cup regular oats
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons crushed walnuts
- 1 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk cream mixed with 1/2 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- Shredded coconut, for garnish
- In a medium-size pot over medium heat, add almond milk, lemon juice. Stir well. Add in your spices. Stir again until mixed.
- Stir in grated carrots and oats. Adjust heat if necessary or bring heat to low if it starts to boil. Cook for about 8 minutes, stirring frequently. When the mixture has thickened up, stir in the vanilla extract, 1 tablespoon crushed walnuts, and maple syrup. Remove from heat and pour into a bowl.
- Top with remaining crushed walnuts and 1 teaspoon of shredded coconut. Prepare your coconut milk cream + maple syrup mixture and drizzle it over top. Sprinkle with cinnamon and raisins for garnish.
For lunch I ate yesterday’s tuna salad in a whole wheat wrap.
I couldn’t bring myself to do a workout. I wanted to sweat out the germs but the couch kept me under it’s spell ;). I had to get up to make dinner. If it had have been up to me I would have just had an almond butter and jelly sandwich BUT I was out of almond butter!!! :(. So I got up and made some lentil veggie burgers.
Lentil Veggie Burgers
- 1/2 cup canned lentils
- 1 cup garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup fresh mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 5 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 cup cooked brown rice (I used 90 second rice)
- Cooking spray to grease baking sheet
- Preheat oven to 375 F (190°C)
- Cook rice if not using 90sec
- Add garbanzo beans, garlic, mushrooms, and olive oil to food processor and process 30 seconds until somewhat uniform. Remove mixture and put in a large bowl.
- Add lentils and all other ingredients to the bowl. Mix and mash until contents are evenly spread out.
- Form mixture into 6 patties and place on greased or sprayed cooking sheet.
- Bake 20 minutes, flipping once half way through.
Time to cuddle up in the couch with my blanket and mon bébé d’amour Sushi ;).
Have a nice evening everyone!