This morning I was in the mood for some experimenting. I didn’t make any overnight oats and I didn’t want to spend time behind the stove. Instead I took out a big mug and threw together some ingredients, put it in the microwave for 1min30 and BAM! Mug Muffin. It looks a bit strange but trust me it’s delish :). It’s portable, flavorful and so easy that even my 16 year old brother could make it. This muffin is packed with fiber and protein with the bonus of cinnamon. It’s also perfect for people who don’t have much time in the morning but stil want to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Blueberry Mug Muffin
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1 egg
- handful of blueberries (I used frozen)
- 1 Tbsp almond milk
- 1 tsp stevia
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Coate mug with some oil (I used coconut).
- Add the oats, egg, stevia, milk, and cinnamon to the mug and mix well.
- Stir in the blueberries.
- Microwave on high 1min30 (longer if it’s not firm yet).
- Let cool and enjoy with some fruit.
After lunch I did some cleaning and baked the best cookies ever!
Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
They tasted soooo good! Light and a fluffy texture. No flour needed, so for all you gluten free people out there, get your cookie baking gloves on ;).
- 1 cup almond flour*
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 whole egg
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
* I bought my almond flour at Bio Planet. You can make your own by grinding almonds in a food processor until it looks like flour.
- stir everything together in a bowl.
- scoop cookie dough batter onto cookie tray. using your fingers gently pat cookies flat or till desired thickness.
- bake cookies at 350 degrees for about 12 minutes.
- let cool before eating as they are a bit fragile at first.
My brother came home early today to study for the next exam. Physics! Also one of my least favorite subjects…I gave him a cookie to get his spirits up 🙂 it worked!
While my brother was slaving away behind his books I decided to do my workout before lunch. Upper body blast!.
For lunch I made myself a Blueberry Protein Smoothie. 1 cup frozen blueberries, 1 frozen banana, 1 cup almond milk, 1 scoop vanilla protein powder an some spinach leaves.
For dinner I’m making Chickpea and Feta Stuffed Bell Peppers.
Enjoy the rest of your day guys!