Hellow everyone! I Know, I missed the midday post today! I was a little busy job searching, grocery shopping, cleaning, baking, working out…Oh dear I’m becomming a real housewife :). Let’s begin at the beginning, breakfast. Take a look at this baby! Cocoa Protein Breakfast Cake. This baby gave me a great punch to get me through the morning!
- 1 banana
- 1 scoop vanille protein powder
- 1 whole egg
- 1 T of chia seeds
- 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 T of unsweetened almond milk
- Dash of cinnamon/vanilla
- mash up banana with a fork
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl
- Spray a small bowl with cooking spray;
- Place in microwave. Heat for 2:30 minutes. Check every minute so that it does not overflow. You will need to experiment with the timing. It should be light, fluffy, and a little firm.
- Place on a plate and cover with your choice of topping. I used almond butter mixed with a dash of cocoa powder and some granola).
This healthy breaky got me through my workout! I created a Lower Body Blast wich I did right before lunch. I just love the wheight set Jonas gave me! Complete 3 rounds of the following circuit.
10 min low to medium intensity cardio
5 min high intensity cardio
Squat 10 reps
Stationary lunge 10 reps each leg
Plié squat 10 reps
deadlift 10 reps
Glute bridge 10 reps
Step ups 10 reps each leg
Wall sit 1min
Squat 10 reps
5min low intensity cardio
For lunch I had the same as yesterday, Hummus Scrambled Eggs.
When my mother came home from work she convinced me to make my Applesauce Sweet Bread. Perfect for an afternoon snack! Topped with some almond butter 😉
For dinner I made Orange Chicken Salade.
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken breast, in bite-size pieces
- 1 orange, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1 cup letuce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Poach the chicken
- Mix toghether chicken, orange, almonds, raisins and 3 tablespoons parsley
- For dressing, mix orange juice, cinnamon, ginger, turmeric and salt until blended. Add 4-5 grinds of pepper. Whisk in oil
- Pour dressing over chicken mixture and toss with fork to combine. Let salad sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving