Wow It’s really cold outside! After 5min of running my face and hands were frozen…Maybe I’m just being a pussy or getting soft :D. I remember when I even ran when it was snowing outside and I almost couldn’t see where I was going. I ran 5 miles! Before I left for my run I made a Sweet Applesauce Bread and put it in the oven. When I got back from my run it was ready.
- 2 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 350g (12oz) unsweetened applesauce (Delhaize)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Some chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°F (150°c). Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg together, into a mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl, applesauce with milk. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl cream together oil and maple syrup. wisk in the egg whites
- Stir in the vanilla, followed by the applesauce mixture, until just combined.
- Stir in flour mixture until just combined and fold in chocolate chips.
- Grease a 9 inch loaf pan (or mini loaf pans) and add batter.
- Bake for 1 hour 10 minutes to 1 hour 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the bread.
- Allow bread to cool in pan for about 20 minutes before removing and allowing bread to cool completely. Slice and serve.
For lunch I used the ingredients from yesterday’s Honey Chicken Salad, but instead of chicken I used canned tuna.