I know I told you guys yesterday that I was going to make some cookies because of my empty sweets section. BUT I changed my mind…Instead I decided to make a crustless pumpkin pie! Fall is ending and I needed one last taste of fall 😉
Look at this baby!
The kitchen smelled soooo good! Btw this entire pie contains less calories than 1 piece of any other pie 😉 Pretty damn proud of this masterpiece!
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp kardemom
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup spelt flour
- 50ml maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp Stevia
- 1 can pumpkin puree (15oz or 400g)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp ground flax (you can grind flax seeds in your food processor)
- 2 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400F), and grease a round pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients, and stir very well.
- In a separate bowl, combine all liquid ingredients with the flax, and whisk.
- Pour wet into dry, stir to combine, then pour into the pan and bake 35 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before transferring uncovered to the fridge to “set” for at least 6 hours before trying to slice.
For breakfast I had Blueberry Overnight Oats.
Earlier this week, for the first time ever, I bought almond butter at the Bio Planet store instead of making it myself. Must admit it tasted delish and saved me so much time 🙂
Lunch today was Honey Chicken Salad. First I paoched and chredded a chicken filet.
- 1 chredded chicken filet
- 1 Tbsp of dark raisins
- 1 small can of corn
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey (more to taste)
- ¼ cup lemon dressing
- ½ tablespoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- green onions for topping
- While chicken is cooking, Slice a few green onions for topping. Whisk together the olive oil, honey, dressing, vinegar, and water. Keep green onions, and dressing in the refrigerator until ready to assemble.
- Remove chicken from heat and check for doneness (white color throughout). Drain water and allow to cool for several minutes. When cool enough to handle, shred chicken with two forks or your hands. Season shredded chicken with salt and pepper.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Top with green onions.