I’m a real oatmeal addict but this morning I woke up and wasn’t craving my oatmeal bowl…so I made myself some pancakes. I’m also a big fan of blueberries. These tiny purple berries are full of anti-oxidants and are among the highest anti-oxidant value fruits. Did you know that blueberries were once called Star berries? Well they certainly were the star of my breakfast today!
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/3 cup spelt flour
- 1 egg white
- 2 tbsp rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2/3 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp stevia
- 1/3 cup almond milk
Combine the dry ingredients and then add the wet. Gently mix everything together and cook on an oiled(I used coconut oil) pan on medium heat. Flip each pancake only once. This serves 1 person.
I ate my breakfast while I watched this week’s episode of Boardwalk Empire. Ok of all the tv series that I’m currently watching, this is by far THE best! Sad ending today 😦
Lunch was a quick fix.
Tuna Salade Sandwich
- 1 can of tuna (packed in water)
- 1 Tbsp nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1/3 bag of mixed shopped veggies (broccoli, carrots, cabbage)
- 1 whole wheat pita
- Place tuna in a bowl. Add dijon mustard and yogurt,and drizzle a little balsamic vinaigrette on top.
- Add the chopped celery and veggie mix and mix it all up.
- Heat the pita bread for a few seconds in the microwave, place the tuna mixture inside and then cover with a huge handful of lettuce.
You could use spinach instead of lettuce and also add some feta cheese (because feta makes everything betta!) but I was all out of both.