Last week I said I was going to do my workouts in the morning as of this week…guess what 🙂 Big fail…Better luck next time! I took the weekend off from working out! Today was a good one.
I made up this little combo:
1min jumping jacks
1min high knees
1min mountain climbers
10 min interval on the stationary bike
1min jumping jacks
1min tuck jumps
10min inteval on the treadmill
1min switch jumps
1min mummy kicks
10min jump rope
I loved the variety and didn’t get bored!
I ended my workout with this arms workout:
My mom made spaghetti for dinner:
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups onion, chopped and divided
- 1 red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 2 pounds minced chicken
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 12 oz. can tomato paste
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 tsp dried oregano
- 3 tsp dried basil
- 1 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 14-oz. can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 2 28-oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 carton fresh mushrooms (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups beef stock or beef broth
- 1 tbsp stevia
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add 1/2 of the onions and saute until translucent and slightly browned. Add garlic and stir constantly for 1 minute.
- Add chicken and cook until no red is showing. Blend up the remaining onions and red pepper in a blender or food processor until mostly smooth. Add mixture to the garlic, onions and chicken and stir to combine, cooking for another minute.
- Add tomato paste and spices and cook for 1 minute, stirring until combined. Add tomatoes, beef broth and stevia(and mushrooms, if using). Stir until combined and add the bay leaves. Bring to a boil and then reduce to low and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Fifteen minutes before serving, stir in the balsamic vinegar.
Served with whole wheat spirelli pasta. This makes a lot of servings. You can freeze the rest.