Before I left for Jonas’s place I made myself dinner. I needed something quick and didn’t have much time to come up with something. I had some salmon in my fridge and remembered a recipe I saw on Julie’s blog. A combination of oatmeal and salmon! I just had to try it! –> Savory Salmon Oatmeal Hash. It was just wonderful! My brother looked at me and said “oatmeal for dinner?”. When I was done I let him have a taste and he was surprised that it tasted so good :). I knew it would!
- 8 ounces cooked salmon
- 1/4 cup uncooked steel cut oats
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 large zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped cauliflower florets
- Dried dill, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Spray large saucepan with cooking spray and cook onion and oats for approximately two minutes on medium heat, stirring repeatedly.
- Pour boiling water into the oat and onion mix, add zucchini and cauliflower, and simmer for approximately 15 minutes, until mixture has thickened a bit and the oats are chewy and no longer hard.
- Remove oats from heat and let stand for about two minutes to thicken.
- Stir in salmon, dill and salt and divide into two servings.
Definitely try this recipe!
Right now I’m waiting for Jonas to finish his dinner:
Friday is his fastfood day…
After dinner it’s time for The Smartest Person in the World 🙂 A quiz where Belgian celebrities compete against each other to win the title of smartest person for one day.
Talk to ya’ll tomorrow!