Tuesday is my mother’s day off from work. Meet my Mum Danielle 🙂
My mum raised my brothers and me practically by herself. I’m really proud of her and admire her a lot. I do think my brothers and I turned out pretty well :). So my mum in a nutshell: A 4′ 11.1″ redheaded firecracker! Always smiling and optimistic. I can assure you there’s never a dull moment when she’s around!
She also has a real sweet tooth…and because she also cares for her health and tries to stay fit she loves it when I make healthy treats for the family. So her day off means time to help me make yummy treats!
Today we made Blueberry Banana Bread.
Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl and the wet ingredients in another:
Pour the wet into the dry and mix it all together. Then I added the blueberries end poured everything into a greased loaf pan and baked it for about 50 minutes.
Yum! I also used fat free greek yougourt wich made this cake very moist!
- 1 1⁄2 cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 3 tablespoons Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 Tbsp Stevia (or 1/4 cup agave nectar)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 Large ripe bananas
- 2 Eggs
- 6 ounces fat free Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup Blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Start by combining flour, baking powder, salt in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mash bananas with a fork until they are gooey and liquid-like.
- Add eggs, vanilla and brown sugar… mix thoroughly.
- Add greek yogurt
- Whisk until everything is well combined and there are no lumps.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and mix until just combined. At this point, fold in the blueberries.
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan and distribute evenly.
- Put into the oven and bake for one hour, or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and (try to) let the bread cool for at least ten minutes before slicing.