Yummy creamy almond butter! Is there anything better in this world? 🙂
Making your own tastes even better!
I had to experiment a few times before I finally was able to reach the perfect texture and flavor.
I found the best way to start is by coating the almonds with maple syrup and roasting them in the oven. Roasting them made them softer and easier to process.
I don’t like my almond butter too drippy so it took only 7 to 9 minutes of processing. If you like it drippy it will probably take 15 minutes (you can also add some oil for extra drippyness).
When the almonds are nicely blended you can add the spices(after about 10min).
1c raw almonds
2T maple syrup
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 t cinnamon
Unsweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat your oven to 325*
- Pour the almonds on the pan with parchment and mix with the maple syrup.
- Roast for 15min, stirring 3 times. Watch so they don’t burn.
- Let them cool for 5min. [If you let them completely cool, they will be much harder to process]
- Put in the food processor.
- Turn the processor on + let it go until it’s buttery (15min). Scrape down the bowl as needed.
- Add in the salt + cinnamon and process again until smooth + buttery.