I just love coconut! It just gets me in a tropical mood.
Monday night is family night. Wich means watching Expedition Robinson and a late night snack 🙂
Expedition Robinson is a reality show about two groups of famous people surviving on an island. I know…I’m such a sucker for reality :p
The reason i’m sharing this is because the people on the island where eating coconut wich awakened a coconut granola craving!
To crunch up this recipe I added some chia seeds.
This was the perfect paradise like snack for tonight 🙂 I think I’ll have some for breakfast tomorrow too!
Makes 4 small servings, 1/4 c. each
1 c. old fashioned oats
1 tbsp. chia seeds
1 1/2 tbsp. + 1/2 tsp. coconut oil
2 tbsp. honey
1/2 tsp. coconut extract
½ c. shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together coconut oil, honey, brown sugar, and coconut extract.Continue whisking until ingredients are combined.
- Add oats to the honey mixture and stir in chia seeds until oats and seeds are coated in the honey mixture.
- Pour the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 8 minutes before flipping the granola and baking for another 3-5 minutes. Stir in coconut.